Kay

Kay

Third World MUDder

• Members
  • 960 posts

• Fav. Character: Hercule
  • MUD Account:Kay

User's Awards

Remove cap on the tournament for characters with +100k stats, it is not fair to players who play this game for them to be left out simply because of other players complaining because they do not have the time to do so. As an example, my Namekian does not have +100k in PL or STA so it's messed up that I can not enter.

I did not use something that is not accessible to other players, I simply used meditate which is something the majority can do. Can the admins please stop punishing players who enjoy their game and spend a lot of time playing it. No other game does this so I don't know why this is being done here at DBAT.

Rosemar

Rosemar

Legend

• Level 1 Immortal
  • 625 posts

• Fav. Character: Gohan

User's Awards

The Softcap for lv 20 is 50K or so; having *double* that in any stat gives you an unfair advantage. 

It's not a matter of not having time to overcap; it's a matter of knowing that overcapping broke the spirit of the level caps. What's not fair is you insisting you be allowed to cheat your way to victory, just because what you used wasn't explicitly spelled out as not being kosher.  

mirage

mirage

Kami

• Members
  • 229 posts

• Fav. Character: Turtle
  • MUD Account:Mirage

User's Awards

But but...muh gainz?! I can see why this is a necessary rule. Good on ya'll, because it wasn't going to be remotely fair if someone with 400k ki is allowed to enter. Just saiyan.

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

• Fav. Character: Vegeta
  • XBL: Nerzhule
  • MUD Account:Rukh

User's Awards

First off, and I've told you this before:

No one complained

Second:

I've put similar work in, and just effectively ruled myself out of participation

The idea behind this is to give everyone a fighting chance and to let their specific combinations and abilities shine, not their ability to invest time.

Soren

Soren

Legend

• Members
  • 552 posts

• Fav. Character: Bardock
  • MUD Account:Sorenthaz

User's Awards

Maybe stop being desperate to push whatever little advantage you can get during a level cap?  The point of level caps is supposed to give folks more breathing room and put everyone on a similar-ish playing field.  Yet some people can't handle that, and need to spam pushups, abuse meditate (so they can oneshot with ki), nolife grind stats, etc. just to get an advantage in PvP when most folks in this game are playing for the RP.

This is why nice things are hard to have in this game, because there are always players who are going to abuse whatever they can to make sure they can beat other players even during a period where it's more beneficial to RP and establish storylines/characters than it is to make sure your insignificant penis length is at least bigger than the other twats who are desperate to make sure they can "win" against other players and push their personal RP forward.   

The tournament doesn't have limits on people who decided to grind stats up so that's one way you can get an easy advantage in it (esp. if you take advantage of stat training at level 1, apparently).  Oh, and if you have a sensei with a T3/T4 that hasn't been converted to the new system yet that's another way you can take advantage of the system to gain an advantage in the tournament.  But doing the latter after having grinded up Ki to absurd levels?  Yeah, no, go reroll and level another character if you're that hungry to assert dominance over other level 20s.  

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

• XBL: Nerzhule
  • MUD Account:Rukh

User's Awards

Oh dont get me wrong, I fault no man for taking the time to be better than others. I have always been okay with people overcapping or getting every small advantage they can, as long as it was intended, because that's why those mechanics exist. In my eyes, if you weren't meant to be able to overcap, I would remove the static gains. They're meant to be a hurdle that can be overcome with effort.

I still subscribe to Iovans train of thought (as I have come to understand it) that people should be rewarded for their time and effort.

However:

That is just simply not what this tournament is about. We already have an immense obstacle in our way (mid ki update) which falls on us, and is no fault of the players.

Kay

Kay

Third World MUDder

• Members
  • 960 posts

• Fav. Character: Hercule
  • MUD Account:Kay

User's Awards

But but...muh gainz?! I can see why this is a necessary rule. Good on ya'll, because it wasn't going to be remotely fair if someone with 400k ki is allowed to enter. Just saiyan.

Totally not cool just saying people's stats on OOC. You, of all people, should know better.

Maybe stop being desperate to push whatever little advantage you can get during a level cap?  The point of level caps is supposed to give folks more breathing room and put everyone on a similar-ish playing field.  Yet some people can't handle that, and need to spam pushups, abuse meditate (so they can oneshot with ki), nolife grind stats, etc. just to get an advantage in PvP when most folks in this game are playing for the RP.

This is why nice things are hard to have in this game, because there are always players who are going to abuse whatever they can to make sure they can beat other players even during a period where it's more beneficial to RP and establish storylines/characters than it is to make sure your insignificant penis length is at least bigger than the other twats who are desperate to make sure they can "win" against other players and push their personal RP forward.   

The tournament doesn't have limits on people who decided to grind stats up so that's one way you can get an easy advantage in it (esp. if you take advantage of stat training at level 1, apparently).  Oh, and if you have a sensei with a T3/T4 that hasn't been converted to the new system yet that's another way you can take advantage of the system to gain an advantage in the tournament.  But doing the latter after having grinded up Ki to absurd levels?  Yeah, no, go reroll and level another character if you're that hungry to assert dominance over other level 20s.  

Do you legitimately believe the things you typed in the first paragraph? That players do what they do because they want an advantage in PvP? That is such lazy thinking. Players who do these things (increasing skill levels/grinding for zenni/overcapping/fishing/etc) do so because they are online more often so they have more time to do these things. You're acting as though those players do not engage in RP when they are the very same players who in engage in the most frequent RP because they are online more often. But it's much easier for you to whine and believe this lazy narrative that players who spend more time online than you or the average player are spending that they are "desperate for an advantage" rather than simply understanding the basic concept of people who are online more, will progress faster. 

Oh dont get me wrong, I fault no man for taking the time to be better than others. I have always been okay with people overcapping or getting every small advantage they can, as long as it was intended, because that's why those mechanics exist. In my eyes, if you weren't meant to be able to overcap, I would remove the static gains. They're meant to be a hurdle that can be overcome with effort.

I still subscribe to Iovans train of thought (as I have come to understand it) that people should be rewarded for their time and effort.

However:

That is just simply not what this tournament is about. We already have an immense obstacle in our way (mid ki update) which falls on us, and is no fault of the players.

First off, and I've told you this before:

No one complained

Second:

I've put similar work in, and just effectively ruled myself out of participation

The idea behind this is to give everyone a fighting chance and to let their specific combinations and abilities shine, not their ability to invest time.

Somebody complained when they found out about my stats. Do not tell me nobody complained when I was in the same room as the person complaining. It happened. 

See my issue is that in the past when these tournaments were held there were two divisions to them: Open Division and Junior Division. The Open Division had no cap/limit and was OOCly there for the fast levelers (people who played more/there were no level caps then) and the Junior Division had a level cap of usually being capped to lv40 or lv50 and was OOCly intended for the players that could not keep up with the players in the Open Division. It wasn't a perfect system but is was at the very least an attempt at making every type of player happy/have an event.

The current tournament is not. It is instead a tournament that seems to have been made solely for the benefit of players within the Junior Division and any other players who do not fall within those parameters are left out. Now I won't lie and say that in the past the fast levelers never gave shit to the slow levelers(Junior Div), both types of players do that to each other as you can already clearly see in this thread but imo it becomes an issue when the IMMs take a side. At the very least, the IMMs could have had two tournaments like we did in the past instead of just giving players who would normally be in the Junior Div their own tournament. 

Necron

Necron

Student

• Members
  • 29 posts

• MUD Account:Necron
I'm not even sure what you're trying to go for, Kay. Even if they divvied things up into a pre-100k bracket and a post 100k bracket, the post-100k bracket would likely have three people in it.

Are you really that desperate to try out your cheesy sleep/ki attack build?

Rosemar

Rosemar

Legend

• Level 1 Immortal
  • 625 posts

• Fav. Character: Gohan

User's Awards

Considering we have level caps in place; everyone should be in the junior division.

Why should the IMMs spend time on a entirely separate tournament bracket just for the two or three people who decided the level 20 soft cap wasn't high enough for them?

Soren

Soren

Legend

• Members
  • 552 posts

• Fav. Character: Bardock
  • MUD Account:Sorenthaz

User's Awards

>Level caps are put in as a way to keep folks all around the same range.

>Saiyan Blood was even nerfed into the ground by Era 10 for the sake of keeping Saiyans in line with everyone else (before at level 20 they'd be sitting at like 80k or higher, a few players in particular would manipulate their exp via studying so they could keep getting significant SBlood gains).

>Only one person in era 10 purposely tries to bypass the caps by spamming pushups to run around with 100k+ PL, and it was some newbie who picked fights that got him PvP killed at least twice before he ragequit.

>Era 11 comes around with caps in place.  Now multiple people are trying to bypass caps on purpose.

>A tournament is hosted for the first time in a few years.

>It's only allowing folks who didn't bypass caps (by a notable margin).

>Nobody (vocally) except for Kay: 

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.pn

The last time we even had a tournament like this was back in Era 8 and I believe they set a cutoff of level 60 or maybe 80, which was about where most of the upper folks were outside of a few exceptions (i.e. Kaori, and I think maybe Demon and Manarath).  Then whatever secondary bracket there was was basically nonexistent, if it happened at all.  I think it was just Sveta vs Renalus or something, or maybe the finals were Sarason vs Renalus, idfk.  Regardless, it shouldn't be surprising that you don't get a reward for deciding to purposely break the caps to get a short-lived advantage over others. If you want to show off your cheese strat go pick a IC fight or talk others into fighting you in the arena. Or host your own tournament as a POI, maybe with a dragonball as a reward in order to get a bit of extra RPP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users