Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

• Fav. Character: Vegeta
  • XBL: Nerzhule
  • MUD Account:Rukh

User's Awards

Episode XI

Here we are again at the dawn of a new era. Suzumebachi has been hard at work getting everything rolling. The "patch notes" may seem rather sparse, but they involved a lot of work. We all know what that is (probably), too!

KI REWORK!

What does that mean for us?

A few things, namely that all ki abilities now have a cast time and a cooldown. This isn't MMORPG-level cooldown, but something to make the "bigger" skills a little more rewarding to use.

• While casting you will be unable to move about.
  • You can cancel your skills mid-cast.
  • Your cast can be interrupted.

How else does this effect us?

The formulas involved are altered slightly to depend more on the time-to-cast and, more importantly, how much charged ki you use. As an example, even though you will cast less Kamehameha Waves in the same time, you will do approximately the same amount of damage (in terms of raw numbers). Obviously this might come to be viewed as a very large buff for Ki skills in terms of raw damage output (dealing too much in one hit), but we will be taking measures against this. As with every other era I've presided over the changes, please keep an eye on this and inform us if anything seems out of the ordinary. While we try to accommodate for all possibilities, we are only human.

What might the side effects be?

You might notice us slightly altering how the other disciplines are handled to accommodate these changes (H2H and Weaponry); you might notice us change a damage formula here or there involving the ki skills. A lot of the skills will play a lot differently, in terms of speed. You might notice some beam struggles every now and again. You might notice that the cast time might differ from time to time (sometimes feeling lucky is important!).

WAIT A FUCKIN' MIN--

That's right ya sheepy cunts, mother fucking BEAM STRUGGLES. They'll basically operate in a mini-game fashion, with pushing and pulling. Injecting more ki into your attack will increase the cost of your ability, and will increase the damage slightly (but not by a huge number, mind; they're still putting their own effort into the struggle). Of course by using more ki you also increase the cooldown =]

A lot of the ki stuff can be better clarified by Suzumebachi.

Miscellaneous Code Changes

- Re-stringing will be made available to zenni as a means of payment.

- Transformations will (once again) require RPP for the first transformation.

- Namek racial changed to -40% stamina regen, up from -50%

- Saiyan racial changed to +40% experience gained, down from +50%

- Mutant racial changed to -20% regen, up from -25%

- Kai racials changed to +15% damage received, up from +20%; TNL changed to +10%, up from +15%

- Half-breed racial changed to +35% experience gained, down from +40%

- Hoshijin racial changed to -40% chance to train weapon/physical skills, up from -50%

- Extra Feature reduced to 1RPP

Rules, Administrative and Miscellaneous Changes

- We will be much more lax with the IC/OOC separation for a variety of reasons, namely because we feel it impacts the new player experience too much. More to come on that at a later date, where I'll lay out some qualifying scenarios and such. This is not to say that it is completely gone, and I implore you to err on the side of caution. I should have it finalised before opening.

- Custom Houses and Ships will make a return, however they will be strictly RPP-related, and will incur a "renters fee" at era switch. It is not likely to be very high for the renting fee, and I will speak with my fellow immortals to work on some costs for these, as well as downsizing the "variables" in purchasing them (e.g. you won't have to differentiate between small/medium/large for different costs, you wont have to pay 500 zenni for a chair). We will retain the prior 15-room limit, however you may use as little as you wish for your home.

- This of course means the housing capsules will have their costs tweaked (and also are still useful because garden, hint hint).

Staff Changes

- Gmork is no longer with us. 

Future Roadmap, Possible Plans, etc

Where do I begin? I've been, I believe, very vocal in the direction I'd like to see DBAT take. Code stuff? I'd like to get a lot of work put into the creation of a Truffle-exclusive sensei, which would involve the creation of a lot of new skills with fancy status effects. This would be our first foray into creating skills for the game so I think it's kind of a big deal. In the process I'd like to re-visit how our current status-affecting abilities play out (paralysis, solar flare etc). I opted for Truffle for a number of reasons, namely being their RP potential. It's no secret I'm a very big fan of the race RPly, but that's because I feel they have so much exploitative potential and creative directions.

I'd like to see a lot of QoL stuff incorporated, both building-wise and code-wise. The ability to hide your tail for Saiyans, for disguise to work in a meaningful manner (and mimic too; you aren't forgotten lovely Hoshi's); to not drown leaving Roshi's island, or because you went too far in your direction spam.

I'd also like to re-visit things like preference, genomes, some racials.. It's no secret I dislike the finality of preferences, and especially with the advent of our Ki rework, I think we should probably take another look at them. Genomes and mutations are for the most part okay, but yknow. Racials I'd like to get into the nitty gritty with, especially because I'd like to address things like Demons; I'd like to see them gain a transformation: Demon Form of some sort. Essentially along the lines of "Demon form" and "Mortal form". This allows them a little lee-way in terms of walking into a room and not having someone go "hey demon guy". There would be some other facets involved, but yknow. Maybe also it's high-time we do away with "A male Bio-Android walks into the room." as well?

I'd like to bring our currently-built areas up to a more respectable design in-line with making everything more immersive. We haven't had a new zone released in a while, though.. that may change soon, if you na'mean. It's for a number of reasons, but first and foremost is because I fully believe DBAT should be more about the experience, and not gaining experience. While the latter is necessary, I want it to feel like an aspect of play, not the primary means of play.

Our suggestions board is loaded with ideas, and honestly a lot of them are really good. I assure you that every single one of them passes before my eyes, that's a promise I will gladly make and keep. They take time to implement, figure out how to work out, etc. We are a small staff with a very big plate, and a lot of personal constraints. We haven't lost interest, we haven't abandoned you, we are still here in some fashion. Like most of you, we all have things that require our attention elsewhere; sometimes it is more than we'd like. I would love nothing more than to be a programming prodigy and just slam out changes, and forego all commitments to just build, grade, code, everything for this place. My love for it is irrational. We are all adults with responsibilities.

All major announcements, notices and whatever else are all posted on the forums. That being said, I would love to extend my hand to invite you to join us on Discord if you haven't. I'm usually very active there because it is easy to open my phone and check in there. It is not easy to do things MUD-side when I'm not at home.

Despite this nonsensical rant, I hope you guys enjoy the hard work Suzumebachi has put into this era, it was a truly monumental task. I hope we can put out more like it in reasonable timeframes for you, and not all of them will require era restarts.

Any changes made after this is posted will be added in to a reply, except for further clarification or explanations, which will be added in with a note.

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

User's Awards

Because I'm too lazy to re-type all of this out, here's Suzumebachi's post in Discord:

@everyone Ladies, Gentlemen, and non-conformists alike. The time has come. The MUD is opening for the new era!!! Please be patient with this launch, as not everything is converted yet. Currently all the t2 skills as well as a couple of t3s are converted to the new system. More changes will be made Friday, as well as any minor bugfixes. Major ones need to be reported to @Rillao, myself, and any other IMMs you see on. Use the in-game bug reporting and typo reporting as well. Anything major needs to be brought up the same way, and pinged here so they can be posted in our chat. There's a great possibility that things may have been missed, update related stuff, and non. To use the new system, simply enter the command as normal. "Kamehameha target" etc. Attacks in the new system will undergo a cast time period, which you may see several, or just 1 or 2 messages before the attack fires. Most will have more output added later. If you manage to enter a beam clash (which will be caused if you end your casts relatively close to each other), some new actions appear. ppush and pcharge. ppush consumes 30% of your charged ki, for a moderate temporary boost to your damage. pcharge consumes 5% of your charged ki to add a permanent boost to your attack (for the duration of the struggle) You may still use charge during beam struggles as well.

-IF YOU FIND YOURSELF STUCK IN A BEAM STRUGGLE, DOCUMENT WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE/DURING. PREFERABLY WITH SCREENSHOTS OR COPIED TEXT TO THE FORUMS- To exit a beam struggle/cast early, a new command "abort" has been added. Any feedback, post in the suggestions tab. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS POSTED PRIOR TO THE START OF THE ERA WILL BE LOOKED AT FRIDAY, IF YOUR CHANGE IDEA DIDN'T MAKE IT IN, THERE'S STILL A CHANCE. THIS ERA WILL HAVE MANY CHANGES UP-FRONT, so relax until you see me login, then scream. We realize that the majority of the attacks put into the new system are not fully fleshed-out visually. We wanted you guys to have access ASAP, and they will be fixed in the coming weeks. Also, TITLES ARE WORKING NOW! Don't have to change them every login anymore :D! Other than that, have fun, and enjoy. I put a -LOT- of time and effort into this new system, and I just hope you guys enjoy it. p.s. ki attacks got a buff across the board based on your int (other stat adjustments coming soon TM)

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

User's Awards

Some changes I did:

"tailhide" and "nogrow" commands.

Tailhide hides your tail as a saiyan or half-breed, and nogrow will just.. keep it from growing back. Tailhide has other intended effects that I'm not listing because it's not fully implemented (a bit complex for me, sorry).

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

User's Awards

I also forgot to mention that the XP TNL rpp option is now 50% instead of 25%.

It doesn't reflect that visually cause I'm a dummy, but I assure you it works.

Demon

Demon

Magi

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 1,309 posts

• Fav. Character: Bardock
  • PSN: Demon2495
  • MUD Account:Demon/Virtus

User's Awards

A highly requested mini-zone has been built.

Gine's Meat Distribution Center is now open for business!!

Come buy, sell, or just check out the place!

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

User's Awards

Nerfed the experience required to level from 99 to 100 by 20%

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

User's Awards

Finally got restringing finished and added in. All major planets and the space mall now have a spot dedicated to restringing. The command to use in the puzzlemaster's room is:

"Restring <keyword>"

Demon

Demon

Magi

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 1,309 posts

User's Awards

The level 40 cap will be active once the tournament is over on Saturday.

Demon

Demon

Magi

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 1,309 posts

User's Awards

A new arena stage has been created!

The World Trade Organization, after seeing all the hype that the last tournament received decided to create their own!

Welcome to the LAVA ARENA!

Deep in the recesses of the planet, built on the side of an active volcano, Lord Frieza himself sanctioned this fighting stage.

Are you brave enough to challenge the heat and the impending danger?!

Demon

Demon

Magi

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 1,309 posts

User's Awards

An oversight of mine, you can now gain at the HBTC. You won't be able to see the mob, but he's there, don't worry.

Look for a sign. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users