Onasaki

Onasaki

Kami

• Members
  • 243 posts

• Fav. Character: Gohan
  • MUD Account:Onasaki

User's Awards

Now, before you jump down my throat with assumptions. No. I am not suggesting we get boosted LF from absorbing. More like, LF restoring with subsequent absorbings.

One thing I've found is that I run out of LF fast, when I use Regenerate in many cases, and when I hit a certain level of LF, I can no longer regenerate due to LF being too low.

While resting helps, it doesn't help a lot, and the LF never maxes out. This is likely intentional, but I figure I might offer a suggestion that when you absorb from NPCs or people, you can drain a portion of LF to restore LF. It can be capped at a certain amount, or what-have-you to prevent abuse, but I figure it makes sense at least.

Thoughts?

Kathrine

Kathrine

Kami

• Donators
  • 206 posts

• Fav. Character: Android 18
  • MUD Account:Kathrine

User's Awards

Help lifeforce might help you out as to how you can quickly recover it. Life force can be a problem, but if you're using regenerate that frequently, you might need to reconsider how you are doing things.....

As for the actual idea. I am not thinking that there needs to be a buff to that in general. It's not meant to be a main way to gain LF, it's meant to be an additional perk. I'm in favor of leaving it as is.

Onasaki

Onasaki

Kami

• Members
  • 243 posts

User's Awards

Resting and Sleeping do not help me. I've stated this before on the OOC channel. Even having a low PL does not help me restore it, I've read the helpfile several times. There's nothing I'm doing wrong, it's just not regenning completely before I'm fully healed.

And I use regenerate constantly, because... well, heals, also auto-training. But that's not the point.

I'm not saying it should restore it completely, just like, X amount. Maybe once or twice an absorb. 'Cause that's what you're absorbing in general, isn't it? Life Energy.

Kathrine

Kathrine

Kami

• Donators
  • 206 posts

• Fav. Character: Android 18
  • MUD Account:Kathrine

User's Awards

Are you using a sleeping bag or bed when you rest and rest for the full tick even after you have 'recovered'. If you're using that much life force, that might be what you have to do. 

As far as the life-absorb thing. No, you're absorbing the organic matter and converting the cells into proteins to reinforce your own cells. Hence a permanent increase to pl/ki/sta.....just saying. What your asking for is akin to me asking if 'heal' should just restore lifeforce, lost limbs, recover poison/burn etc. Since ya know, fully healing. That's all I'm saying.

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

• Fav. Character: Vegeta
  • XBL: Nerzhule
  • MUD Account:Rukh

User's Awards

Truthfully? You're using regenerate too much.

Lifeforce isn't meant to be regenerated as quickly as the other stats  -- especially with the recent change to player versus player combat (read: You have to beat them twice-over, once through power level, once through lifeforce). It was something Iovan put in to draw out PvP combat a little bit, as in most cases it happens much too quickly. I mean.. two races can self destruct and not worry about death -- come on, that's pretty sweet. (Yes, Bio being one of them). Regenerate MAY need to be looked at in those terms, however (since the avoid death =>75% LF is null now). Kathrine hit the nail on the head; you're converting those cells to your benefit, you're not just absorbing life all willy nilly.

In light of the death avoidance being essentially useless, now, I may try to come up with something to replace it, though I'm not entirely sure restoring LF through extract is the way to go about it.

Kay

Kay

Third World MUDder

• Members
  • 958 posts

• Fav. Character: Hercule
  • MUD Account:Kay

User's Awards

One thing I've found is that I run out of LF fast, when I use Regenerate in many cases, and when I hit a certain level of LF, I can no longer regenerate due to LF being too low.

Yeah, ever since Life Force was added in, using Regeneration requires Ki+LF. Your LF should never stop growing though. As long as you need to heal, then you will replenish LF.

I suspect that you are resting and fully healing(PL/STA/KI); when those stats are maxed then you no longer get to replenish LF. So make sure that you are not fully healed.

If you are not fully healed AND you are resting(ideally on furniture) then post a screenshot of this on the support and the Code IMMs will be able look into this matter.

Thoughts?

Onasaki

Onasaki

Kami

• Members
  • 243 posts

User's Awards

A note on the OOC channel, that was briefly discussed, is perhaps.

Adding a larger increased boost to the Regen of the Insomniac trait. It's a positive trait, with a serious drawback, when it comes to regenerating LF. It doesn't have to be huge, but maybe double what it is now, or boosted by like 5%. I don't know the deets so I couldn't tell you exactly.

Rukh

Rukh

Legend

• Level 5 Immortal
  • 680 posts

• Fav. Character: Vegeta
  • XBL: Nerzhule
  • MUD Account:Rukh

User's Awards

Insomniac's biggest positive (and why it's a positive trait) is that you're immune to yoik and paralyze (why this one I don't know, maybe just because it needed an actual counter).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users